The annual Wetland Science Conference
Join other scientists and professionals of the wetland and water community of Wisconsin and the upper Midwest to:
- Share your wetland research, restoration, management, or outreach program;
- Learn new identification and assessment approaches and techniques;
- Hear about approaches to incorporating wetlands into watershed & community planning;
- Discuss the latest in wetland science, planning, and protection issues;
- Look ahead to the future of wetland science and practices in Wisconsin and the Midwest.
The 2-day conference, which annually draws upwards of 300 attendees, includes a keynote address, organized symposia, topical oral sessions, a poster session, working groups, a banquet, and field trips to area wetlands.
The 2019 Wetland Science Conference, Wetlands: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow, will be held February 19-21 in Madison, WI. Wisconsin Wetlands Association celebrates its 50th year as an organization in 2019, so this conference offers a unique opportunity to look back broadly as a wetland community. Where have we come from, where are we today, and where do we need to go in the next fifty years? How have our work and our issues changed, what have we learned, and what have we accomplished? Where do we need to take our work in the future to achieve what we need for wildlife, for water, and for communities? The conference will address these questions and more.
Who should attend
We invite wetland experts and enthusiasts from the Midwest and beyond to join us. Our audience typically includes:
- Scientists from colleges and universities
- Federal and state agency scientists
- Local government staff and officials
- Federal and state agency regulators
- Tribal staff
- Natural resource managers (public and private)
- Private consultants
- Land trust staff and volunteers
- Graduate and undergraduate students in the natural sciences
- Staff of local, statewide, and regional non-profit conservation groups
- Volunteer leaders of non-profit conservation groups
- Wetland enthusiasts and concerned citizens
- Members of the media
Who is Wisconsin Wetlands Association?
This conference is hosted by Wisconsin Wetlands Association, a statewide non-profit dedicated to the protection, restoration, and enjoyment of wetlands and associated ecosystems through science-based programs, education, and advocacy. We envision a state where wetlands are healthy and plentiful and support ecological and societal needs, and where citizens care for, appreciate, and interact with these natural resources.
Connect with us:
“A great opportunity to learn, network, and exchange ideas about wetlands that applies both to Wisconsin wetlands and wetlands everywhere.”
“I’ve been to other scientific conferences that do a great job of relaying science. However, this conference, those in attendance, and those who ran it, made me feel so welcome. The personal connectiveness resonated beyond science sharing.”