Join us February 16-19, 2021, for a unique, memorable, and engaging virtual event!
The 2021 Wetland Science Conference is going virtual! Wisconsin Wetlands Association has decided to suspend this year’s in-person event in favor of a fully virtual experience as a result of uncertainty surrounding the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Tune in on February 16-19, 2021. Rather than two long days of back-to-back presentations, we’ll spread out the program for the 2021 conference over four days. This less condensed schedule will allow for flexibility to manage both work and personal obligations while also learning and networking with your wetland colleagues.
While we may not be seeing you in person, we are committed to creating a valuable and engaging educational and networking experience. In fact, we’re quite excited about all of the new possibilities that a virtual conference opens up for you! Our virtual event platform will give you one-click access to all the conference content and virtual networking opportunities, including:
- Keynote presentations including live Q&A with presenters
- Special watershed-based hydrologic restoration symposium with national experts
- Concurrent oral sessions with live panel discussions covering important current issues in wetland science and practice
- Poster session and on-demand access to the interactive digital poster gallery
- Virtual workshops conducted via video conference
- Conference-wide discussion boards for networking and engagement
- Virtual exhibit hall with booths featuring a video chat feature for drop-in meetings and more
- Networking opportunities through working group meetings, private messaging, and other virtual social events and activities
- Student activities, including student presentation awards, resume review, and networking opportunities
- Full access to the virtual conference platform for six months following the conference, including all presentations, discussion boards, social wall, exhibit hall, etc.
Our virtual conference platform is mobile responsive, so you’ll be able to participate in the virtual conference from your laptop, smartphone, or tablet anywhere with an internet connection! New bigger-than-ever discounts on registration for WWA members. With no travel expenses, attending will be more affordable than ever!
Key Conference Planning Dates
Call for Presentations & Posters – to be issued September 2020. SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Nov. 15, 2020
Student Scholarships – APPLICATION DEADLINE: Jan. 15, 2021
Note: student presentation competition with cash prizes!
Registration – will open December 2020. EARLY BIRD DEADLINE: Jan. 15, 2021
Sponsors & Exhibitors – promote your work to our audience as a sponsor & exhibitor. Virtual exhibit hall offers excellent lead retrieval and networking opportunities. Exclusive sponsorship of sessions available on a first-come, first-served basis. Sign up by January 8, 2021, to guarantee you get access to an exclusive presentation track for sponsors to demonstrate products or services.