Wisconsin Wetlands Association invites you to participate in the 27th Annual Wetland Science Conference, to be held February 15-17, 2022, at the Holiday Inn Hotel and Convention Center in Stevens Point, Wisconsin.
Join other scientists and professionals of the wetland and water community of Wisconsin and the upper Midwest to:
Share your wetland research, restoration, management, or outreach program;
Learn new identification and assessment approaches and techniques;
Hear about approaches to incorporating wetlands into watershed & community planning;
Discuss the latest in wetland science, planning, and protection issues;
Look ahead to the future of wetland science and practices in Wisconsin and the Midwest.
The 2-day conference, which will draw more than 350 attendees from Wisconsin and surrounding states, will include a keynote address, topical oral sessions, a poster session, workshops, a banquet, and field trips to area wetlands. The conference builds on a more than two-decade-long tradition of regional collaboration to protect and care for the region’s wetlands.
While we hope to be able to hold this conference in person in Stevens Point, we are also laying the groundwork to hold it virtually if that is the responsible, science-based decision to keep our community healthy and safe. If we are able to go in person, we will also offer a way for people to attend and present virtually. Stay tuned.
Key Conference Planning Dates
- Call for Presentations & Posters – to be issued September 2021. SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Nov. 15, 2021
- Student Scholarships – Scholarship recipients will receive free registration in exchange for a small amount of volunteering at the conference. APPLICATION DEADLINE: Jan. 14, 2022
Note: student presentation competition with cash prizes!
- Registration – will open December 2021. EARLY BIRD DEADLINE: Jan. 14, 2022
- Sponsors – show your support for wetland conservation as a conference sponsor and receive complimentary conference registrations for your staff! Sign up by January 14, 2022, to guarantee your support is recognized on our printed program and signage. Choose from several optional add-ons including a table in the exhibit hall at a special rate for sponsors.
- Exhibitors – Secure a table in our exhibit hall so you can promote your work to our audience. Exhibit space is limited, so sign up early to reserve your spot.
Click the buttons below for more information.