Proposal Deadline: September 25, 2020
Wisconsin Wetlands Association invites you to submit a proposal for a Workshop at our 2021 Wetland Science Conference, to be held in virtually February 16-19, 2021. The conference will highlight the environmental, socio-cultural, and economic value of wetlands and will promote the latest research on and techniques for wetland and watershed planning, restoration, and management, with a particular focus on watershed-based hydrologic restoration.
Workshops offer opportunities for participants to learn and apply new skills and methodologies. All workshops should advance knowledge-building on topics related to wetland science, management, and communications. Workshop organizers will be responsible for recruiting instructors and facilitators for their session.
This is an extraordinary year for the conference because of COVID-19 and the fact that the conference will be held in a virtual environment to provide certainty that we can hold the conference. We invite live workshops held via virtual meeting or webinar as well as pre-recorded workshops that offer a live Q&A during the session. Workshop length and timing within the conference week is flexible.
Individuals considering proposing a workshop for the 2021 Wetland Science Conference should contact Katie Beilfuss, WWA Outreach Programs Director, at Katie.firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss ideas and process.
- Proposals due: September 25, 2020
- Proposal status notification: November 2, 2020
- Conference dates: February 16-19, 2021
POSSIBLE WORKSHOP TOPICS
- Wetland plant or wildlife identification
- Techniques for effectively communicating wetland science to non-science audiences
- Demonstration of new tool / product of interest to wetland professionals (e.g., drones for surveys and management assessment; hardware/software for field data collection and management; products for protecting wetlands from damage during construction)
In lieu of a formal submission form, we are asking individuals considering proposing a workshop for the 2021 conference to contact Katie Beilfuss, WWA Outreach Programs Director, at email@example.com.
Proposals will be evaluated by members of the Conference Advisory Panel based on the following criteria:
- Relevance to conference vision/topics and attendees
- Potential to bring in participants to the conference from different audiences
- Overall quality of submission
- Provides a hands-on, collaborative, and/or active learning for attendees
All workshops must have a lead organizer who serves as the primary point of contact. This person should be readily available by email in the months leading up to the conference and is expected to be present at the workshop. Organizers are responsible for ensuring that all instructors/facilitators taking part in their workshop register for the conference before the deadline for registration (noon on February 11, 2021). Reduced early bird rates are available through January 15, 2021.
Covering Costs: WWA will provide the virtual conference platform and will connect your workshop with this platform. We may be able to provide access to Zoom Meeting or Zoom Webinar for workshops. To cover any direct costs for putting on your workshop (including instructor conference registration, supplies, catering, special AV equipment), we will charge a fee to anyone registering for the workshop.
To have your workshop proposal considered for WWA’s 2021 Wetland Science Conference, please email Katie Beilfuss at Katie.firstname.lastname@example.org.